At present there are three image lists of leafs and stones for Corel Photopaint 7 - 9, one spray list of drops for Corel Draw 9 (and, somehow, for 7 also) and 4 displacement maps for any version of Photopaint that supports this feature.
There are two versions: one
for version 7/8
(704 kb) and one
for version 9
Each zip file contains two image lists (screenshots - in reduced size -10 % - below).
They have been improved and are suitable for any color background.
Two versions as well: one
for version 7/8
(386 kb) and one
for version 9
Each zip file contains one image list (screenshot - in reduced size -15 % - below).
They are also suitable for any color background.
One spray list for Corel Draw 9 - it sprays water drops (12 kb compressed), as you can see from the example images below.
There is a file available for Corel Draw
version 7, although you will have to work differently with this.
It is a large sprayer - you will probably have to scale it down to 50 % - 30 % for smaller images.
This is a cool effect for an image, vector or bitmap (although you will have to import the bitmap in Corel Draw and re-export the result).
Original image - No displacement
More to be added depending on available space and time.
- To use these image lists, first unzip them to your Program files\Corel\graphics9\photopnt\imglists\ directory (for Corel 9), Corel\Draw70\PHOTOPNT\imglists\ for 7 and something similar for 8.
- You will have one or two new CPT files. Start a new picture in Photopaint and choose the image list brush. From the drop down box of available image lists choose custom. You will be presented with the contents of the imglist directory. Choose one of the new ones and press OK. Change the size of the images so that they will fit in your picture. You can also change the order of the images, either random, sequentially or by direction, depending on the result you want to achieve.
- To unzip a file, you need an unzipping program. If you don't have one, two good ones are: WinZip (shareware) and Power Archiver - previously Easy Zip - (freeware).
- To use the spray lists, copy them to your Program Files\Corel\graphics9\draw\CustomMediaStrokes\ directory. Next time you start Corel Draw, they will be available when you select the artistic sprayer tool.
- The drops sprayer must be applied over a shape or text or bitmap fill, so that its lens effect will be visible.
- If you have Corel Draw version 7 (or 8 I suppose), it doesn't support spray lists.
You can still use it manually. Download the Draw 7 specific file and save it anywhere you like. Start Draw 7 and make your image, where you want to use the drops' effect. Without closing your image, open drops7.cdr and choose any drop you like (it will show on the objects' docker as a group of 4 objects). Copy it and put it on your first image and move to the front. Choose, copy and paste the same way any other drop you want.
- Unzip the PCX files and copy them to your Program files\Corel\graphics9\custom\displace\ directory (v9), or Corel\Draw70\PHOTOPNT\DISPLACE\ (v7), or something similar for a different version.
- To apply the effect on an image, you choose: Effects--distort--displace (for v9) or Effects--2D effects--displace (for v7). From the drop-down menu choose one of the new files (abstract1 to 4.pcx); if you don't see them, press the browse button on its right. If you have the preview button pressed, you will immediately see the result in your image. Change the horizontal and vertical scale to your preference (I had the best results with a value of 6 both horizontally and vertically). The maps are tileable, so you can choose -stretch to fit- or -tile-.
You may use the above files freely (just don't claim you made them, unless you have modified them sufficiently to be unrecognizable) and the images made by them belong to you to do as you like.
Use any files downloaded from this site at your own risk; I check for viruses, but the Web is a dangerous place. You are responsible for checking downloaded files for viruses. By downloading you agree to clear the author from all responsibility of damages to your computer and data.